The Internet is an amazing tool. It has the power to change the way we live, and we're starting to see that potential today. With only a few mouse-clicks, you can follow the news, look up facts, buy goods and services, and communicate with others from around the world. It's important to DoctoralNet Ltd to help our customers retain their privacy when they take advantage of all the Internet has to offer.
We believe your business is no one else's. Your privacy is important to you and to us. So, we'll protect the information you share with us. To protect your privacy, DoctoralNet Ltd follows different principles in accordance with worldwide practices for customer privacy and data protection.
- Your university has sent on certain information to help us help you by enrolling you in our services. As you work with these tools there are also other tools you may opt-in for. In all cases you need to use your university email in order to ensure you receive the tools you need.
- We were not given those data unless you signed off at your university for others to have them as part of the support systems your university offers.
- Your data is stored on servers, password protected and with limited access given to our administrators who have to authenticate at least twice.
- We process your usage for your university. Your data are used by us but still belong to your university so you can trust that they are only used for educational reasons and never sold to outside parties.
- We’ll use state-of-the-art security measures to protect your information from unauthorized users.
1.- NOTICE REGARDING OBTAINING AND PROCESSING INFORMATION FAIRLY
We will ask you when we need information that personally identifies you (personal information) or allows us to contact you. Generally, this information is requested when you sign up for special tools you want sent to you and usually is just a confirmation of your email, your name and the university you attend.
Throughout your use of this site, and the related phone apps should you choose to download them, we will keep your email address secure behind multiple server and website firewalls. That is the only data we keep in a unique form. Through use of these tools you consent to:
- Allowing the tracking of your movements within the tools and of the ones you sign up for so that we may improve our services.
- In the case where your university pays for your subscription, your usage (primarily in the aggregate) will be reported to your Office of Graduate Studies.
2.- PURPOSE OF USE AND DISCLOSURE OF ALL DATA COLLECTION
We use your Personal Information/ Email address and usage data for five primary purposes. We use and disclose it ONLY in ways compatible with these purposes:
- To make the site easier for you to use by not having to enter information more than once.
- To help you quickly receive services or information.
- To help us create content most relevant to you.
- To alert you to product upgrades, special offers, updated information and other new services from DoctoralNet Ltd.
- In the case of subscriptions paid for by the university, to report back to the Office of Graduate Studies the aggregate use of all the tools to improve them
What we do with the information you share
When you join us, you or your university provide us with your contact information, including your name or pseudonym and email address. We use this information to send you updates about the tools you have available, questionnaires to measure your satisfaction with our service and announcements about new and exciting services that we offer.
We occasionally hire other companies to provide limited services on our behalf, including sending email, providing webinars, and registering you for events.. We will only provide those companies the information they need to deliver the service, and they are prohibited from using that information for any other purpose.
DoctoralNet Ltd will disclose your personal information, without notice, only if required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to: (a) conform to the edicts of the law or comply with legal process served on DoctoralNet Ltd or the site; (b) protect and defend the rights or property of DoctoralNet Ltd and its family of Websites, and, (c) act in urgent circumstances to protect the personal safety of users of DoctoralNet Ltd, its Websites, or the public. If your subscription is paid for by your university they may request data as well at any time.
3.- HOW WE KEEP YOUR DATA SAFE AND SECURE
DoctoralNet Ltd has taken strong measures to protect the security of your personal information and to ensure that your choices for its intended use are honored. We take strong precautions to protect your data from loss, misuse, unauthorized access or disclosure, alteration, or destruction. This include but are not limited to firewalls on the server/and the website.
DoctoralNet Ltd has taken strong measures to protect the security of your personal information and to ensure that your choices for its intended use are honored. We take strong precautions to protect your data from loss, misuse, unauthorized access or disclosure, alteration, or destruction. These include but are not limited to regular backups and use of outside security contracts monitoring the sites.
When needed we utilize only secure server software SSL, which encrypts your personal information before it's sent over the Internet. SSL is one of the safest encryption technologies available.
DoctoralNet Ltd strictly protects the security of your personal information and honors your choices for its intended use. We carefully protect your data from loss, misuse, unauthorized access or disclosure, alteration, or destruction.
Your personal information is never shared outside the company without your permission, except under conditions explained above. Inside the company, data is stored in password-controlled servers with limited access. Your information may be stored and processed in Ireland or the United States or any other country where DoctoralNet Ltd, its subsidiaries, affiliates or agents are located.
You also have a significant role in protecting your information. No one can see or edit your personal information without knowing your user name and password, so do not share these with others.
4.- HOW WE KEEP YOUR DATA ACCURATE AND UP TO DATE
We will provide you with the means to ensure that your personal information is correct and current. You may review and update this information at any time at the Visitor Center. There, you can: investigate what personal data is collected and how it is reported to others.
- View and edit personal information you have already given us.
- Tell us whether you want us to send you other specific types of information, aimed at helping you finish your graduate degree.
5.- RELEVANT AND NOT EXCESSIVE AND RETAINED NO LONGER THAN NECESSARY
DoctoralNet’s policies are driven by the mission to help universities improve graduate education through providing digitized support systems to graduate students. That is all we do. Therefore, the only data we keep has to do with student use, and then it is kept only until we are informed that that student is no longer enrolled. Aggregate data is kept for years but not in a form that allows usage to be drilled down to individual users.
6.- YOUR PERSONAL DATA IS AVAILABLE TO YOU
As mentioned above, every registered customer has a unique personal profile. Each profile is assigned a unique personal identification number, which helps us ensure that only you can access your profile.
When you register, we create your profile, assign a personal identification number, then send this personal identification number back to your hard drive in the form of a cookie, which is a very small bit of code. This code is uniquely yours. It is your passport to seamless travel across [WEBSITE], allowing you to download free software, order free newsletters, and visit premium sites without having to fill out registration forms with information you've already provided. Even if you switch computers, you won't have to re-register – just use your Registration ID to identify yourself.
You may access those data through your “Visitor Center” link under your account.
- Hits: 16364