We do not disclose directory information - including your name, institution, use of the site, areas of study, etc without your permission except to the university you attend and then only if they have paid for the subscription through which you obtain permissions and access.
What personal information do we collect at this site?
How does DoctoralNet use and share personal information?
We may use and share your personal information in the following ways:
- We may use your personal information to contact you or send newsletters, updates and/or special offers to you, and may share this information with contractors that help us to contact you.
- We will use your personal information to determine your status as a doctoral student and will use this information in your behalf to target particular educational materials which should prove helpful to you. We also may address you through this personal information across the network of sites and contact places owned and operated by DoctoralNet. We manage these contacts, in good faith with the intention of providing you with more high quality service to help you finish your degree and graduate faster.
- We will not provide your personal information to any other affiliated group or post it on our site without your permission. You may use any username you choose and be known by that throughout your dealings with DoctoralNet.
- Emails, newsletters, customer service is done in house at DoctoralNet so we are not required to give your personal information to others as a means of doing business with you. You will be notified should that change.
- We may use and share your personal information with governmental authorities, other educational institutions and their contractors to comply with FERPA reporting regulations, or as otherwise permitted or required by FERPA.
- We may use and share your personal information with third parties and governmental agencies to comply with a legal requirement or court order.
- We might sell or buy websites, divisions, companies or assets or merge with other companies, and your personal information may be among the business assets transferred to or shared with the persons or entities involved in such sales or purchases.
By using the DoctoralNet Site, you understand and agree that we may use and share the personal information that you provide in these ways.
What is DoctoralNet's practice regarding cookies?
Your browser software has a feature called a 'cookie' that stores small amounts of data on your computer about your visit to certain websites. As a user of browser software, you may elect to disable this feature, although doing so may prevent you from using certain features that require cookies. Cookies placed on your computer by DoctoralNet don't tell DoctoralNet any personally identifiable information about you but instead provide anonymous information that permits DoctoralNet to track how users navigate our pages, when users return to our sites, and which features are the most popular.
What other information does DoctoralNet collect on this site?
Like many commercial websites, DoctoralNet servers monitor and log all web traffic on the Site. These logs contain the IP address and URL from the site you visited just before you visited, the URL of the page you visit upon leaving the Site, if any, and the type of browser and operating system you are using. Statistical information is collected about visitor traffic patterns in order to improve the quality, functionality and usefulness of the Site to our customers. In such cases, the system has no means to identify you personally. We may also create and maintain records of anonymous data collected from cookies and anonymous demographic information that has been aggregated from multiple personally identifiable records such that it is no longer personally identifiable with a particular person (such as aggregate number of inquiries from a particular city, state or zip code). We may share all of the anonymous data described above with our contractors and consultants, other educational institutions, and unaffiliated third parties such as analysts, reporters, governmental authorities and others.
How does DoctoralNet protect personal information?
Although we cannot guarantee against any loss, misuse, unauthorized disclosure, alternation or destruction of data, we try to prevent such occurrences. We maintain our own individual server. Our servers and databases are protected by firewalls and passwords. In addition, we use Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) software to encrypt data as it travels between your computer and our servers.
Conditions of use
Links to other sites
Requesting changes to your information
Online education sessions
During the education process, you may participate in online webinar sessions. Please understand that any information that is disclosed during an online webinar experience becomes known to others in that group and through any recording made which may then be more widely distributed. We have no control over information exchanged during these online sessions and you should exercise caution when deciding to disclose your personal information or any other information about yourself or others. The information presented during an online education session reflects the views of the individual users or instructors and do not necessarily reflect the views of DoctoralNet or any of its affiliates.
Effective Date: January 2, 2014
- Hits: 569